Did you know that Osteopathic physicians (D.O.) and Allopathic physicians (M.D.) are the only types of complete physicians in the United States? Both types of doctors complete four years of medical school, undergo postgraduate residency training, and have the opportunity to choose to practice in a special area of medicine. Both types of physicians are licensed to prescribe medication and perform surgery. Both types of physicians must pass comparable state licensing examinations and practice in accredited hospitals and medical centers; however, Osteopathic physicians are trained with a unique philosophy which includes the following:
- Osteopathic physicians are encouraged by their medical school to enter primary care medicine
- Osteopathic physicians practice “holistic” medicine, which focuses on the whole body
- Osteopathic physicians receive extra training in the musculoskeletal system
- Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy (OMT) is incorporated in the training and practice of osteopathic physicians
Interested in hearing what the patients from The Family Wellness Center are saying? Please take a moment to watch these video testimonials:
- Mitchel – preventive medicine for PDD-NOS
- Andy Schwartz – Chelation Therapy for Cardiovascular Disease
- Joe & Helen – Chelation Therapy
Dr. Dornfeld is an Osteopathic physician. The staff is able to offer the above services, enabling you to receive the utmost in medical care. At the Family Wellness Center, Dr. Dornfeld is sure to treat the entire patient, not simply a specific ailment or disease. This results in more precise, ore comprehensive medical care.
Listen to Dr. Dave Dornfeld on the radio.
Please note that you may need to fast forward through commercials and additional segments to hear Dr. Dave.
Enviromental Safety Review and Autism June 2010
Autism Guidelines (part 1)
Autism Guidelines (part 2)
Lyme Disease and Autism Connection
Disclaimer: This web site is not intended to give medical advice, make any diagnoses or keep you from seeing your physician. Dr. David Dornfeld does not claim to prevent, mitigate or cure disease. We believe in the individuals informed right to choose their own health care methods. There are no 100% cures in the field of medicine and like any other entity field we do not make any claims of promises of cure. The idea however is to try and find ways to boost the immune system in order to combat the potential negatives that our environment can impact on our health.